Wednesday 26 February 2014

Art - Suzanne Partridge

This is my favourite artist. I first came across her when she was painting in the gatefold sleeves of 200 Hey Colossus albums for Riot Season Records. She did them in a matter of months, and was posting them as she went along. They were staggeringly wonderful, and I actually had a slide show of them running on my PC for ages as a vast improvement on TV. A bit of research threw up that she is a fine artist. Anyway I shan't prattle on, there's just too much to explain so I will post some examples of what she does. The paintings are generally really big by the way, and photos cannot do them justice-

Those two are quite recent. Then we get some 'greatest hits' (well, in my head they are) 



(this one has an open wound from which a sacred heart has been torn)
and then just some detail from some earlier work- 


and here is a self portrait that I adore. It's not so much how she looks but it is very much how she feels... 
and she feels everything.
For exhibitions, commissions, sleeves (she's got a thing for designing LP sleeves!) artofbeingignored@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment